Sunday, March 10, 2013

At the end of the day....

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to say Happy Easter. But this poem was inspired by something that I'm always asked at the end of the day. So, I wanted to ask you, my poem readers, the same thing:


WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED?

When we look back on our day,
We see what we did in what sort of way?
Do we see and go 'hey'
Or shrug our shoulders and say 'come what may.'

In light of my Father,
If I put everything together.
It will never be enough,
Because He has done so much.

For He sent His only Son,
To do His will that had to be done.
Jesus came so save me from my sin,
Now by accepting Him, eternity I will enter in.

Jesus Christ came to set me free,
But not just for me but for the world you see?
God saw our state and said it was a must,
Crucifying Christ, we yelled "We are Just!"

We have a list that needs to be finished
But it only ends up being as such
God tuned to His Son and asked:
"What have you accomplished?"
Jesus looked at the holes in his hands and feet,
And said: "Father, I have accomplished much."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I am so thankful for those holes in Jesus' hands and feet, and his gift of salvation for all who call on the name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete