Monday, February 6, 2012

Finally Free!!!

Have you ever felt that feeling when you just start high school, the one where you just want to pitch in the towel but everyone is telling you no? I know I have. Just picture graduation with me:

THE FIRST WALK
I was waiting for this my whole career,
Now it's happened, it's finally here.
My test is over, it is final,
For the first time, no books is natural

Year one, I was so excited
I didn't know that three years were needed
When it was clear I was stuck
I truly wanted to only get out of the muck

Year two, I thought that I knew,
I was the only one in the few
Two years to go
Can't wait to say "no"

Year three, I knew what I wanted to do
Did it happen, wasn't always true
One more year to go
Soon I will hope I will finally know

Year four, I know that soon it will be over
No more books now forever
I can't wait for that day
It will happen sometime in May!

So you see, it is all about me
But you see how can this be
Those gowns as blue as the sea
As far as the eye can see

At one moment, my name is called
Never did I feel that I faltered
As I heard the narrator talk
I prepared and took my first walk

No comments:

Post a Comment