Thursday, November 13, 2014

As a child....

Looking back on my childhood, I remember that certain ages were so far away. Like it would take years and I would be dead before I went to high school, turned eighteen, 21 and so forth. Well, here I am, at the age of twenty-two, and no, I didn't "die" as I once thought when I was younger and knew for certain that "I wasn't going to grow up." So I wanted to give you, just out of pure fun (and a little research) my take on:


THE BOY PETER PAN
The weight of the world on our shoulders we carry,
But thanks to Sir J. M. Barrie.
Let you imagination go and do what you can,
Just like the boy Peter Pan.

Growing-up is an inevitable must,
No more time for faith, trust, and pixie dust.
Every good story needs a crook,
Wait! That's Captain Hook!

Pirates, Indians, and a clock-ticking crocodile,
That scary beast should be in Egypt's Nile.
A story that reaches great satisfaction,
With a little imagination.

Throw in Pan's group of Lost Boys,
Who's games and tricks they thoroughly enjoy.
Peter, George, Michael, Jack and John,
The Davis boys, Barrie's adopted sons.

Barrie's love for the boys made his own marriage cold,
So much that there was nothing left to hold.
After the play, a boy was asked about the man,
He looked to Barrie and said 'There's the boy Peter Pan.'

No comments:

Post a Comment