Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The early years

These are some of my early poems that I wrote when I was at least ten years old:

HEAVEN
Is it bright of dark?
Heaven
Is it long or short?
Heaven
Is there a dock or a port?
Heaven
Hear all the angles sing
Heaven
For it is a mansion
Heaven
Oh! how life yould end
Heaven
No, I haven't turned out yet~
On earth~
Heaven

Oh death, where is thy sting?
Oh grave, where is thy victory?
Father take me home soon~
Heaven
Jesus, Jesus who I love~
Heaven
Oh how I ran out of words
All but one~
Heaven

SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T KNOW
Like a sick alligator so that I am,
A sinner, cursed like the weeds of the ground.
Something that I hated was the man that created me.
But what's this I hear my parents say:
Abba, Father, Jesus Christ, Heaven,
These are words I knew and did not heed.
Now I know,
I now know something that I didn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment